As its half term for many, we wanted to share a tried and tested recipe to create delicious pancakes with! The following recipe has been adapted from the BBC good food website with our very own Employment Support Officer Desrie tweaking it to make them extra fluffy (and tasty too!).
- 135g/4¾oz plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 130ml/4½fl oz milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp melted butter (salted)
- 2 tbsp of Vanilla Essences
- Pinch of Cinnamon (x2)
- Pinch of Nutmeg (x2)
- Combine flour, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and sugar in a bowl
- In a separate bowl mix egg, milk, vanilla essence and melted butter
- Combine everything together
- Melt butter in a pan and fry away making sure the pan is on a moderate to high heat.
- Pour in some of the mixture flipping the pancake until its cooked on both sides.
- Serve with your favourite toppings and enjoy!